Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Someone must need a little more accountability...

...and that someone is me! Oh we'll, here I am, 3 months later just now updating. A lot has happened in the past 3 months, but then again it's just been a lot of the same old thing.

I won't go into too many details but here are a few of the highlights:

January-The highlight of the month for me was probably cheering for D and Hannie at the state fair pageant.  Both girls looked amazing! The cheering must have really paid off too, because D ended up placing 1st runner up.  I couldn't be more proud.  I love them both, but D has always been like a little sister to me.  We have been closer at certain times in our lives more so than others, but that girl is so special to me.  I can't believe her reign is coming to an end. Where has the year gone, when I saw the article in the paper for contestants for this year's pageant I couldn't believe it was here already!

I also learned that my two best friends had started dating again. One of them had a rather nasty ending to a way too long poor relationship at Christmas time 2011 and has found an amazing man who she deserves more than anything after the crummy relationships she's put up this far in life. The other is my BFFAE who I talked about quite a bit in my last entry.  After losing her fiancĂ©, the love of her life, almost a year ago she has found someone who has put that smile back on her face.  She is trying to take things slow but is definitely enjoying the new companionship.  It is a scary new beginning for her but she also deserves so be happy in her life after the tragedy 2012 brought her. January also brought the first baby of the year in my life, Van Boy #3 finally made his arrival right in the middle of my horrific cold.  It took me almost a month to feel healthy enough to go visit but he is every bit as precious as his big brothers!

February-Nothing overly exciting in February.  Lots of planning for my future sister-in-law's bridal shower, and a trip to visit the pre-k class I worked in last year.  We had a very young class, so most of the students returned to pre-k this year as 4's so it was so exciting to see the growth they have made both physically and intellectually since I left them last spring.  I miss working with those little babies every day. Baby number 2 came this month.  My child hood Bestie and his wife brought precious Nora into the world.  She is definitely her fathers daughter, looks just like he did!

March-After casual house hunting since we put house on the market last fall we found and fell in love with a home we just couldn't risk losing.  We were able to crunch numbers and do a little budget adjusting and made an offer.  Amazingly it was accepted and we close in just 2 days.  It's been such an exciting yet scary process, but I know that with a little faith all will work out and Hubby and I will finally be able to start to settle down and start a life of our own.

April and a look to the future-This month is sure to be full.  We close on our new home in just a couple of days, Hubby's brother is getting married just two days after that, then it's time to move! I've also got to start job hunting again, while I think my job is safe, I really want my own classroom. After all, I didn't go to college for 4 years to be an aide.  It would be even better if that classroom was in lower elementary so I could go back to working with the younger kids I learned to love so much last year. Baby 3 of the year should be making her arrival later this month, and we'll be having a shower soon for Baby 4. Even though I don't have quite the connection to Baby 3, she will be BFFAE's first niece and her arrival couldn't have been scheduled for a more perfect time for that family. They need some serious joy in their lives and B is just the little princess to do it! Baby 4 is my cousin's first addition and I'm slightly pumped that the house were buying is just a few blocks away, Momma K has about 8 weeks to go I believe so Baby R will be here before we know it.

I can't say it won't be another 3 months, or longer, before I update again, but here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment